What to do if I am in motor vehicle accident:
- Exchange information with the other involved drivers. Assist and cooperate with law enforcement personnel. Remember, it is illegal to leave the scene of a car accident without providing contact information and insurance information.
- Take pictures of all vehicles involved showing damage and their locations after impact. Cell phone pictures are just fine.
- Take pictures of any of your injured body parts which show visible evidence of the injury.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Report the collision to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 72 hours. This is required by law whenever there is an injury.
- Report the collision to your insurance company. Be careful when speaking with your insurance company as they may not be on your side once a claim is opened.
- Contact the Law Office of Douglas F. Angell, PC to ensure your legal rights are protected. email@example.com or 503-336-0053